GREEN TEA is made from unfermented leaves and contains high concentrations of powerful antioxidants called POLYPHENOLS.
EGCG is the main antioxidant found in green tea and it’s super powers encompass the following:
– The active ingredient found in many weight loss products and diets.
– Kills cancerous cells.
– Decreases bad cholesterol.
– Increases good cholesterol.
– Improves brain function.
– Prevents age related memory issues.
– Protects against cancer.
WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW?
– Green tea does contain caffeine so stick to 1 cup a day or you may experience the jitters, anxiety and nervousness.
– It can interact with certain medications so check with your doctor if your on meds.
– Drink between meals or a squeeze of lemon to your green tea to counter the tannins that inhibit iron absorption.
HOW TO BUY YOUR GREEN TEA?
– A good loose leaf is best.(can be already in tea bags).
– Organic to avoid contamination, pesticides and chemicals and to store in the fridge for up to 6 months.
HOW TO BREW YOUR TEA?
– If you get the loose leaves, a teaspoon in a French press is adequate and allow to brew for 2-3 minutes.