Negative emotions are a part of life, and we all experience them. The good news is that YOU can learn to manage negative emotions such as sadness, anger, regret, jealousy, or shame
1. Acknowledge how you feel: The first step in dealing with negative feelings is acknowledging them. Notice how you feel, name it, write it down and understand why you feel this way
2. Express your emotions: Talk to someone you trust about how you feel or write it down in a journal. Expressing your emotions can help you feel better and release some of the built-up tension.
3. Take care of yourself: Get enough sleep, book a spa treatment, have a coffee with a friend do whatever you consider as self-care
4. Practice mindfulness: Mindfulness is the practice aware of your thoughts and feelings without judgement. Choose one activity a day that you choose to do with complete awareness
5. Practice gratitude: Every day, write down 3 things you are thankful for. It can be things as simple as a yummy smoothie, a friendship you have